Fund Ranking Update 8/29/2008

Weekly Average Momentum Index (AMI) Rankings of SSPP, nSSPP, SELECT, ETF have been posted at: http://yechen.pan.googlepages.com/

Market did not seem to have the conviction to go up or go down. Maybe it is a good time to look back and see how useful the AMI rankings system is. People are curious to know how successful I am applying this system. To give you some clue, here is the track record (chart below) of my portfolio value for the past 10 years. I have normalized the asset value based on that of 1998. In 1999, I was transferred by my company to Germany for 3 years. Back then, the internet technology was not as mature as it is right now. During that 3 years my investment activities were almost non-existent and my portfolio suffered the significant loss in the 200 - 2002 bear market. In 2003, after 2 1/2 years of bear market, stock market started to recover and had a robust up trend for 4 and half years. With the market in a bull run, and utilizing my AMI ranking system (I started posting the AMI rankings on my website in mid-2003), my portfolio have grown at an faster pace than the US stock market. With simple rules and disciplined execution, hope you and I can do even better in the next 10 years!

No comments: